This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we are going on a TREASURE HUNT in Jill’s Computer Museum because the community’s most loved segment is back! Then we’re going to discuss iconic open-source software. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Subscribe to All DLN Shows in ONE Feed!
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00:00 = Welcome to DL 254
- 00:00:57 = Community Feedback: Software Keys Get Started with Linux & more
- 00:05:11 = Shoutout to Joe Collins
- 00:07:29 = Ryan working on building Tor Bridges
- 00:08:22 = DigitalOcean: App Platform ( https://do.co/dln )
- 00:09:55 = Jill’s Treasure Hunt Is Back!
- 00:19:32 = Computer Mouse Plus VOIP Phone 😀
- 00:15:34 = Computer Mouse Plus FM Radio 😀
- 00:10:45 = Computer Mouse Plus Phone 😀
- 00:21:31 = Rollup Flexible Keyboard 😀
- 00:24:59 = Open Source Software We Are Thankful For
- 00:25:59 = Standard Notes
- 00:29:15 = OBS Studio
- 00:34:47 = Linux Kernel Itself 😀
- 00:35:51 = Git Version Control
- 00:37:58 = Firefox Web Browser (with Container Tabs)
- 00:41:21 = Bitwarden Password Manager
- 00:43:25 = Ryan’s Lightning Round: OBS, Blender, & Audacity
- 00:43:47 = Michael’s Lightning Round: Kdenlive, LibreOffice, WordPress, & FFMPEG
- 00:44:06 = VLC Media Player
- 00:44:53 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 00:46:23 = Your Kids Can Send Code to Space!
- 00:51:14 = Linux Gaming: I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1
- 00:55:53 = Software Spotlight: Speak from Sugar Labs
- 00:57:52 = Tip of the Week: commands that start with ‘ls’
- 01:00:42 = Linux Events: Game Sphere 24 Hour Stream
- 01:02:15 = Linux Events: Ohio Linux Fest
- 01:02:49 = Linux Events: Southern California Linux Expo 2022 (SCALE 19x)
- 01:03:11 = Jill at SCALE
- 01:03:22 = Michael at SCALE?
- 01:03:58 = Ryan tried to sneak in a Arch Linux reference lol
- 01:04:17 = Outro
- 01:06:53 = Outtakes LOL