This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we’re being joined by Lukasz Ericenski of Pine64 for an Exclusive Interview about the new PinePhone Pro! Then we’re going to talk about NTFS improvements coming to the Linux kernel. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Subscribe to All DLN Shows in ONE Feed!
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00:00 = Welcome to DL 248
- 00:00:48 = Follow up to last week’s episode about open source monetization
- 00:02:18 = Community Feedback: Linux Support for Game Controllers
- 00:12:43 = DigitalOcean: App Platform ( https://do.co/dln )
- 00:13:58 = PinePhone Pro Exclusive Interview (Lukasz Erecinski of Pine64)
- 00:43:44 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 00:45:32 = News: Better NTFS Support in Linux by Paragon
- 00:51:33 = Gaming: Midnight Protocol
- 00:54:19 = “itsaunixsystem” mind blowing revelation
- 00:55:51 = Software Spotlight: Tuner
- 01:00:42 = Tip of the Week: High Performance Network File Sharing with NFS
- 01:03:55 = Linux Events: SeaGL & Fedora 35 Beta Testing
- 01:04:49 = Let Us Know About Your Linux Event
- 01:04:55 = Outro
Tip of the Week:
NFS – Network file system / as a local file system
Better performance than SMB
Manually mount first
sudo mount -t nfs 10.10.0.10:/backups /var/backups
- Auto Mount (Add to fstab)
sudo apt-get install nfs-common autofs
yum install nfs-utils nfs-utils-lib
add to fstab
10.100.100.100:/path/to/data /local/mount/point nfs auto,nofail,noatime,nolock,intr,tcp,actimeo=1800 0 0