This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we’re going to discuss open source licensing and help everyone navigate this critical part of open source ecosystem. Then we’re going to discuss some disturbing surveillance laws that are currently impacting our friends in Australia. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Subscribe to All DLN Shows in ONE Feed!
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 = Welcome to DL 242
- 00:45 = Community Feedback: Advice for Working in IT & Changing Careers
- 02:20 = Brandon from Sudo Show Join Us To Answer Chris’ Question
- 04:35 = How To Send Us Feedback
- 05:04 = Digital Ocean: Managed MongoDB ( https://do.co/dln-mongo )
- 06:46 = Open Source Licensing Explained (GPL, Apache, BSD, MIT, MPL)
- 30:42 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 32:47 = News: Australia’s Unprecedented Surveillance Bill Rushed Through Parliament
- 44:52 = Linux Gaming: Axis Football 2021
- 48:33 = Software Spotlight: NeoFetch
- 50:55 = Tip of the Week: Automation with CronTab (crontab-generator.org)
- 55:50 = Outro
- 57:47 = Outtakes