This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we have everyones favorite hacker Bo on for his hack shack snack segment. Then we take a look at the recent updates with Inkscape and some rumors coming from Valve. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 = Welcome to DL 228
- 00:56 = Community Feedback: Truesona & Multi-Factor Authentication (Frank Abagnale Talk)
- 09:21 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 11:24 = News: Inkscape 1.1 Released
- 22:38 = News: Is Valve Making A Nintendo Switch Competitor? (Steam Handheld Gaming)
- 31:36 = Digital Ocean: App Platform / Cloud ( https://do.co/dln )
- 32:38 = Bo’s Hack Snack: How To Fight Off Annoying Telemarketing Calls (MP3)
- 39:58 = Linux Gaming: Outbreak: Endless Nightmares
- 41:14 = Ryan & Michael Stream CS:GO on DasGeek Channel
- 43:12 = Software Spotlight: cheat.sh (Command-line Cheatsheet)
- 44:52 = Tip of the Week: Turn A Raspberry Pi into a Stream Link
- 46:27 = DLN News: Fedora Podcast Is Back & Has Joined DLN!
- 49:57 = Outro
- 50:09 = Become a Patron for Extras & Bonus Content
- 50:38 = Join us Live on Sundays at DLNLive.com
- 50:49 = New Merch Drop at DLNStore.com!
- 51:14 = More Great Content at DestinationLinux.Network
- 52:04 = Patron Postshow Preview
Tip of the Week:
- Until there is validation that Steam is indeed releasing a portable gaming console, you can still have more portable gaming at home using a Raspberry Pi and turning it into a Steam Link.
- What you need is:
- A Raspberry Pi 3B+
- Latest Raspbian installed on an SD card
- Ethernet connections for your Raspberry Pi and of course a trusty gaming PC
- A Steam Link will let you Stream your games from your gaming PC to any place in the house. Living room, kids rooms, whereever you want it.
- Once you have Raspbian setup on your Pi run this command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install steamlink
- Once installed we can close the terminal and then click on the Steam Link desktop icon to launch the application, go through the setup promots to connect it to your gaming PC
- You can use the following controllers with Steam Link: Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- That’s it, now anywhere you put the Pi is a gaming console linked to your PC.