This week on Destination Linux, we’re going to discuss Google’s involvement in open-source with the Summer Of Code and hiring developers to work on the Linux kernel. We are also introducing a new segment to the show with special guest, Bo Weaver joining us to talk Hacking & Security. We’re also discussing SUSE targeting CentOS defectors with their latest change for openSUSE Leap. Later in the show, we’re going to discussing a SIM of the entire universe, which of course, you can play on Linux. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 = Welcome to DL 217
- 00:52 = DLN LUGFest on March 21st @ 1PM Eastern (17:00 UTC)
- 01:58 = Community Feedback: Surveillance Systems
- 09:38 = How to send in Community Feedback
- 10:01 = Digital Ocean – App Platform / Cloud ( https://do.co/dln )
- 11:49 = New Segment: The Hack Snack with Bo Weaver
- 26:35 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 28:53 = Can We Be Friends Again With Google?
- 40:38 = SUSE Targets CentOS Customers with openSUSE Leap
- 50:09 = Gaming: The Universim
- 54:32 = Software Spotlight: Marble Virtual Globe
- 56:01 = Raspberry Pi Projects: Screenly
- 57:34 = Outro