This week on Destination Linux, we’re going to have some fun with customizing your Linux desktop. We’ll tell you about how each of us customize our Linux computers and give you ideas on how you can modify your own systems. Later in the show, we’re also covering the latest release of the Linux kernel with Linux 5.11 and KDE’s new release of the Plasma desktop with Plasma 5.21. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00:00 = Welcome to DL 214
- 00:00:51 = DLN Announcement Sort Of
- 00:02:00 = Community Feedback: Nextcloud Hosting from Operation Tulip
- 00:08:23 = Digital Ocean – App Platform / Cloud ( https://do.co/dln )
- 00:09:21 = Customizing Your Linux Desktop With GNOME, KDE Plasma & More
- 00:46:26 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 00:48:17 = KDE Plasma 5.21 Released
- 00:55:58 = Linux 5.11 Released
- 00:58:59 = Gaming: Mutropolis
- 01:02:46 = Software Spotlight: KStars
- 01:04:04 = Tip of the Week: podman images and inspecting
- 01:04:41 = Outro
GNOME Extensions Ryan Uses:
- Audio Output Switcher
- Background logo
- Game Mode
- Adwaita Dark Theme
- Shelltile for window tiling
- Window Session Manager