This week we’re going to take a look at Cloud Migration & Backup Strategies and we ask the question what should your personal cloud strategy be. Then we’re going to take a look at Ubuntu 20.10 and see what new features are available in this latest release. Then we discuss the DMCA takedown of Youtube-dl tool and whether this puts other open source tools at risk or is fair game for protecting content creators revenue. In our gaming section we talk about streaming your PS4 games to Linux! Later in the show, we’ll give you our popular tips/tricks and software picks. Plus so much more, on this week’s episode of Destination Linux.
Podcast (mp3): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Ryan (DasGeek) = dasgeekcommunity.com
Jill Bryant Ryniker = linuxgamecast.com & Linux Chix
Michael Tunnell = tuxdigital.com
Want to Support the Show?
Support us on Patreon = https://destinationlinux.org/patreon
Support us on Sponsus = https://destinationlinux.org/sponsus
Destination Linux Network Store = https://destinationlinux.network/store
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 = Coming up on Destination Linux
- 00:50 = Welcome to Episode 197
- 01:21 = Michael’s Week: FrontPageLinux.com Is The Best!
- 02:04 = JIll’s Week: Building a Mini-ITX Ryzen Machine
- 03:12 = Ryan’s Week: Fedora 33 Everywhere!
- 05:47 = Digital Ocean’s App Platform ( https://do.co/dln )
- 07:32 = Feedback: Advice about getting a new CPU. Wait or Not to Wait?
- 13:17 = Cloud Migration and Backup Strategies: Do You Need One? (Red Hat’s Article)
- 26:17 = Ubuntu 20.10 and Flavours Have Released
- 32:58 = youtube-dl hit with DMCA Takedown by RIAA
- 44:26 = Gaming: Play PS4 Games on Linux with Chiaki!
- 49:49 = Tip of the Week: /srv
- 52:14 = Software Spotlight: LMMS (Music Creation)
- 55:08 = Outro: Thanks to Jill for Guest Hosting
- 55:27 = Outro: Become a Patron to Join the Weekly Hangout
- 55:50 = Outro: DLNStore.com
- 56:33 = Outro: Destination Linux Network
- 57:26 = Outro: Find more Jill
- 57:55 = Outro: Journey Itself
- 58:09 = Preview of Patrons Only Weekly Hangout
Great episode! Jill is probably by favorite guest host at this point.
I appreciate the shout out @dasgeek it is always great to know you guys are taking time to consider feedback.
3rd Jill episode for me, thanks for making it on such short notice.
Imho the stool belongs to the community, Michael’s studio is merely a Louvre for DLN heritage and much like the Mona Lisa he rarely shows his thumbs on account of their delicate nature.
The stool should have a sponsor for charity. Highest bidder gets to decide what’s placed on the stool for the next 6 months excluding the 7 times a year Michael actually sits on it. Much as the Arc de Triomphe is most valuable in Paris, the stool is most valuable slightly to right of Michael’s shoulder and who WOULDN’T want to choose what dons the pride of DLN? We all know i’m right, make it so.
That would be a great way to raise funds for the TBA charity. Stool Time.
It’s called active giving.
Thanks everyone - great episode as usual - always especially fun to see @jill_linuxgirl again! Wow, @MichaelTunnell, gotta say I never thought I’d see you trumped, but her $3 stool out-bargains you three-fold I have to say it sounds as if Gnome is creeping-up quietly on @dasgeek. I have hope(!) Seriously though, I agree the 3.38 version on Fedora is quite a lot nicer than 3.30 which I run daily on Debian. Hmm. Mixed feelings about youtube-dl takedown. Hope it’s not the start of a trend.
(Don’t suppose anybody’s noticed, but after months, I’m finally up-to-date with my DL series of podcasts!)
Continue the discussion at discourse.destinationlinux.network
2 more replies