Welcome to Destination Linux Episode 19 with Ikey Doherty of Solus for 4-24-17
It’s Now Super Easy to Make Ubuntu Look like Windows
Enjade Wants to Recreate the Unity Desktop on KDE Plasma
You Can Sync GNOME Extensions Between Desktops using Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox 53.0 Web Browser Drops Linux Support for Older Processors
Firefox 53 with 2 new compact themes
Install Wire Encrypted Messaging App On Linux Ubuntu
Ubuntu Is Switching to Wayland
Ubuntu 17.10 Is Named ‘Artful Aardvark’
Rosa Desktop Fresh R9 Plasma 5 & KDE4 versions Download
- Update system installer with full screen support. It provides a fuzzy background, facilitate auto detection of location and time and also provide QR code scan feature for providing feedback.
- Ships Linux Kernel 4.9.8 which has more drivers for modern hardware components. It provides better stability and reliability
- Better font rendering which resolves popup hints.
- Enables ability to set different backgrounds in each virtual desktop
- Provides better gesture support.
- Optimized hot corner experience and better interaction design
- A new collection of beautiful wallpapers.
- A new Alt + Tab window switching feature. This was a long awaited feature in budgie desktop and it was developed by offering a prize.
- Budgie 10.3 provides more options for customization. You can customize clock applet. Also, raven – the control cum notification center – includes a new option to switch window controls to either left or right.
- budgie 10.3 includes integration with recent release of gnome stack, ie, gnome 3.22+
Art work download is supported with MprisClient and it addresses a bug which was more visible with Spotify.
- Resolved the inability to pin GNOME Twitch via the Icon Tasklist
- Resolved incorrect vertical alignment of the Clock Applet
- Now ensure tray icons are evenly spaced, as a result of syncing our natray with upstream gnome-panel.
- Improvements have been made to the Places applet
Solus Releases ISO Snapshot 2017.04.18.0
- Bulletproof boot management out-of-the-box, leveraging clr-boot-manager to enable the maintenance and garbage collection of kernels, as well as configuration of the bootloader
- the latest Mesa, 17.0.4
- Linux Driver Management
Start the discussion at discourse.destinationlinux.network