Welcome to Destination Linux Episode 19 with Ikey Doherty of Solus for 4-24-17
- Update system installer with full screen support. It provides a fuzzy background, facilitate auto detection of location and time and also provide QR code scan feature for providing feedback.
- Ships Linux Kernel 4.9.8 which has more drivers for modern hardware components. It provides better stability and reliability
- Better font rendering which resolves popup hints.
- Enables ability to set different backgrounds in each virtual desktop
- Provides better gesture support.
- Optimized hot corner experience and better interaction design
- A new collection of beautiful wallpapers.
- A new Alt + Tab window switching feature. This was a long awaited feature in budgie desktop and it was developed by offering a prize.
- Budgie 10.3 provides more options for customization. You can customize clock applet. Also, raven – the control cum notification center – includes a new option to switch window controls to either left or right.
- budgie 10.3 includes integration with recent release of gnome stack, ie, gnome 3.22+
Art work download is supported with MprisClient and it addresses a bug which was more visible with Spotify.
- Resolved the inability to pin GNOME Twitch via the Icon Tasklist
- Resolved incorrect vertical alignment of the Clock Applet
- Now ensure tray icons are evenly spaced, as a result of syncing our natray with upstream gnome-panel.
- Improvements have been made to the Places applet
Solus Releases ISO Snapshot 2017.04.18.0
- Bulletproof boot management out-of-the-box, leveraging clr-boot-manager to enable the maintenance and garbage collection of kernels, as well as configuration of the bootloader
- the latest Mesa, 17.0.4
- Linux Driver Management