On this week’s episode of Destination Linux, the DL Roundtable meets to discuss the subject of Quality Control in Linux! Do we have a good system or is the recent Boot Hole patch a vision of things to come? Then we’ll check in with System76 and some reimagining of the keyboard. We take an outdoor adventure in the gaming section and our popular tips/tricks and software picks. Plus so much more, coming up right now on Destination Linux.
We are having a DLN Game Fest where a bunch of the DLN Creators get together to play some games and we’ll be streaming the games on YouTube for everyone to hangout!
Podcast (mp3): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Hosts of Destination Linux 186:
Noah of Ask Noah Show = https://asknoahshow.com
Michael of TuxDigital = https://tuxdigital.com
Ryan, aka DasGeek = https://dasgeekcommunity.com
Want to Support the Show?
Support us on Patreon = https://destinationlinux.org/patreon
Support us on Sponsus = https://destinationlinux.org/sponsus
Destination Linux Network Store = https://destinationlinux.network/store
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:44 Welcome to DL186
- 01:06 Lower Deck
- 01:48 What Ryan has been up to
- 02:46 What Noah has been up to
- 07:11 What Michael has been up to
- 10:05 Digital Ocean https://do.co/dln
- 11:34 Community Feedback: Linux Mint’s System Reports
- 12:47 Noah’s suggestion to the Linux Foundation to help with Tech Support in Linux
- 13:59 What does the Linux Foundation do?
- 16:33 Send Us Feedback: email@example.com
- 17:06 News: System76 Reimagining The Keyboard
- 22:26 Security Advisory: Snapdragon Vulnerabilities (Android Users Need To Update)
- 25:21 Bitwarden https://bitwarden.com/dln
- 26:56 Topic of the Week: Quality Control in Linux (DLN Forum Thread)
- 41:21 DLN Game Fest on August 30th at 4PM Eastern!
- 43:48 Linux Gaming: Camp Canyonwood
- 45:18 Tip of the Week: /boot
- 47:17 ShellShock Added to DLN Game Fest by Patron Request
- 48:19 Software Spotlight: ProtonMail Bridge
- 48:52 Become a Patron of Destination Linux
- 50:15 DLN Store
- 50:39 Join the DLN Community! (Ryan made Noah give up on the \being hip\ stuff this week lol)
- 52:14 More Great Content at DestinationLinux.Network
- 52:33 Journey itself . . .
- 52:39 Preview of the Patron Post Show
Link for the Quality Control platform: DLN Community Project - Quality Control Platform
Thanks, everyone. Really enjoyed this. With the tip given right at the end, I’ve often wondered, with all the CVs and other private info being sent around by email, if it’s still all unencrypted? Sounds like a real problem if it is, perhaps?
Continue the discussion at discourse.destinationlinux.network