Coming up on this week’s episode of Destination Linux we’re going to discuss the age old topic, why it is okay to use Nano instead of Emacs or Vim. In the news this week were going to discuss the latest announcement from Pine64 about the new more powerful PinePhone that also comes with a USB Dock in the Convergence Package. Speaking of Convergence, we’re going to discuss what “Real” Convergence is as a response to a blog post made by Purism. Later in the show we’ll let you know about a great game deal for the Warhammer series from Humble Bundle and we’ll cover some awesome community feedback from Space (sort of) and we’ve got the beloved tips/tricks and software pick. All of this and so much more on the Destination Linux podcast!
Hosts of Destination Linux 183:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:41 Welcome to Episode 183
- 01:08 What Michael did this week
- 02:00 What Ryan did this week
- 04:22 What Noah did this week
- 06:40 Digital Ocean
- 08:35 Community Feedback: SPACE Operations Facility!
- 11:03 New More Powerful PinePhone and USB Dock
- 30:34 Security Advisory of the Week: SSH Keys
- 33:38 Sponsored by Bitwarden
- 36:20 Topic of the Week: It’s Okay To Use Nano
- 45:42 Linux Gaming: Warhammer Humble Bundle
- 47:10 Software Spotlight: MPV media player (Documentation)
- 50:37 Tip of the Week: wmctrl to manage windows
- 53:48 Thank you for watching!
- 53:55 Become a Patron of Destination Linux
- 54:15 Get some Swag from the DLN Store
- 54:26 Join the DLN Community (we don’t know what Noah is saying this week either lol)
- 55:27 Check out the DestinationLinux.Network website
- 55:44 New DLN Podcast: The Sudo Show
- 55:50 DLN Xtend: New Hosts
- 55:59 The Journey Itself . . .
- 56:06 Preview of the Patrons Postshow