On this week’s episode of Destination Linux, we’re going to be covering community feedback, a new survey from Red Hat with some unexpected results, a video making waves about the top ten reasons why Linux is better, and finally our software pick & tips and tricks. All that and much more on this week’s episode of Destination Linux.
Sponsored by: do.co/dl
Special Guest Host:
Gab, of Tech Pills = https://techpills.technology/
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at destinationlinux.org/contact
Topics covered in this episode:
What We’ve Been Up To:
– Gab talks about the software he’s made: a RSS Reader & Network Info Utility
– Noah’s great story about video broadcasting with Linux for a radio station’s sports coverage
– Michael launched the new DL Picks page that lists all the Spotlights, Tips & Tricks we’ve done on DL
– Ryan talks about launch of our new Patrons Chat Live Stream where all Patrons, of any DLN Creator, are welcome to join us for a video chat each month!
– Ways to find Source Code of a project
– What’s the status of Wayland?
– Koreader – Open Source eBook Reading software for Kobo and Kindle devices
Tips & Tricks:
Cutting and Pasting in the terminal
Bash includes some basic cut-and-paste features.
Ctrl+W: Cut the word before the cursor, adding it to the clipboard.
Ctrl+K: Cut the part of the line after the cursor, adding it to the clipboard.
Ctrl+U: Cut the part of the line before the cursor, adding it to the clipboard.
Ctrl+Y: Paste the last thing you cut from the clipboard. The y here stands for “yank”.
Also the y might stand for *yeet*